- Late June/early July: Alberta/BC Rockies Loop (cycle, kayak, hike)
- Early August: Emma Lake, SK to Calgary (cycle)
- Mid August: Silver Comet Trail from Atlanta, GA to Alabama State Line (Cycle)
- Mid August: Chicago mini-spin with Kevin!
- Mid September: Bow River Kayak Tour (Calgary – Medicine Hat)
- Late September: Spin Class and Social Gathering to celebrate Fostership and eat/drink!
- Throughout the summer: please invite me for a hike, a bike ride, a run, an indoor row or an outdoor paddle
2019 Route Overview (AB/BC Rockies, Emma Lake to Calgary, Bow River Kayaking)
June 8th, 2019: Highwood Pass (North Gate to Calgary) with the Work Crew!
I’m excited to be joining some cycling friends from work to ride to the summit of the Highwood Pass from the north gate. After that, the plan is to continue down to the south gate, on to Longview, then north through Black Diamond and back to Calgary.
June 26th to July 3rd, 2019: Alberta and B.C. Rockies Loop (road-cycling, kayaking, hiking)
This will be the first big distance trip of the 3,600 Km Challenge for Fostership, with some endurance days and big hills. Some time will be spent with family in Invermere, B.C., then a couple of days of long-distance kayaking begins down the slow and lazy Columbia River towards Golden. I hope to catch back up with the family for some hiking, then it’s on to Golden and back through the mountains to Field and Lake Louise. If the weather is good, this tour will continue north on the Icefields Parkway to Saskatchwan River Crossing, then on along the fun route of the Alberta Tour for Kids to Rocky Mountain House National Historic Site. The last day will be a long cycle south back to Calgary.
Day 1: Calgary to Lundbreck Falls (Crowsnest Pass) (Cycling)
Day 2: Lundbreck, AB to Fort Steele, BC (Cycling)
Day 3: Fort Steele to Kimberly (via Rails to Trails), then Invermere
Days 4 and 5: Kayaking the Columbia River (plus some hiking)
Day 6: Golden, B.C. to Saskatchewan River Crossing (Icefields Parkway), AB
Day 7: Saskatchewan River Crossing to Rocky Mountain House National Historic Site
Day 8: Rocky Mountain House National Historic Site to Calgary