Old Man River to Fernie
…Cycling day cut short by a massive thunderstorm in Fernie!
Highlights of today:
- Lundbreck Falls – The twin falls on the Crowsnest River at the eastern entrance to the Crowsnest Pass.
- Discovering that the Crowsnest Pass is the lowest elevation highway pass between Alberta and BC!
- No headwind to contend with!
- Meeting up with Lisa and Luc as they moved their household to Creston!
- That thunderstorm in Fernie – thankful I was able to make it to some shelter!
- Lovely lady at the tourist info who persuaded me to call it a night in Fernie – good advice! Locals know best.
- Riding up the short, steep hill to Fernie Provincial Park only to discover every camping spot was booked! But, back to town to stay at an awesome motel, complete with s hot tub and breakfast.
- Fernie is awesome! What a great vibe. We need to come back here!