Fernie to Invermere
… some catching up after wind and weather delays!
Highlights of today:
- Cycling through the Elk River valley on the way to Elko. Beautiful river. Not much traffic on the road.
- Getting off the busy highway onto a small road towards Fort Steele (avoids the route to Cranbrook). This offered absolutely stunning views of the Kootenay River.
- Fort Steele lunch stop – delicious sandwich packed with everything nutritious!
- The hill ride after Skookumchuk, then the long flats and descent to Canal Flats.
- Getting to the hoodoos at Fairmont Hotsprings and knowing there was only Westside road separating me from my in laws’ place in Invermere and a short family visit.
- Cycling some of the Westside Trail, but then regretting the steep rollers and worrying about bears and cougars – at dusk and all alone!
- Invermere family reunion!